[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 16:43:33 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 02:37:49PM -0700, Rene Visco wrote:
> I tried to focus on Windows clients for now.  I copied the full server
> location such as
>
> \\csdrsrv03\Distributions\Public\Instruction
>
> Then I added it to localmap.txt and the problem is that pmwiki
> considered it as a
>
> (I put the plain txt file, testwiki.txt  in folder, "Instruction")
>
> [file]:\\csdrsrv03\Distributions\Public\Instruction\testwiki.txt

What browser(s) are you using?

For Windows hosts, we'll want the InterMap link to read something
like:

    Instruction    file://csdrsrv03/Distributions/Public/Instruction/

and then the markup would be

    Instruction:testwiki.txt

Yes, I know that Windows normally uses backslashes, but in the world
of urls we can get away with forward slashes and the systems
automatically convert as needed.  (Backslashes might work too,
but initially forward slashes are probably better for testing.)