[pmwiki-users] Suggestion for default skin

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Sep 1 20:03:50 CDT 2005

On Friday, 2 September 2005 12:07 PM, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
>Great suggestion, JR!
>
>Except maybe for:
>>$HandleActions['view'] = 'HandleBrowse';
>
>What's wrong with
>  $HandleActions['show'] or $HandleActions['read'] or simply
>$HandleActions['browse']
>
>The word View in that skin seems too general. You are viewing all the
>time, whether you edit, look at the history of prepare for
>printing.

I would be happy to see 'View' become 'Browse' in the skin.
Having missed some list discussions, I had assumed that 'View'
was the preferred term, arrived at after full and fair
consideration and evaluation of all suitable options :-)

>And I'd also like to see the processing of various existing 'views'
>get a bit more consistent (login is using a hard-coded html piece,
>print is using a separate skin, edit is using a Site page,
>etc.)

Yes, and I think now is a good time to take stock of what we
have and come up with a bit of a forward plan...

(The Site pages are brilliant -- we rely on them totally to
define forms for reader typesetting options.)

--
JR