WikiWord links on or off?? (was the totally useless title:Re: [pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Sep 1 22:10:47 CDT 2005

At 2005-09-01  07:03 PM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
>Regardless of what MediaWiki (or any other project) does, I think
>someone who's just starting to use PmWiki would be better off
>(happier, more satisfied) having free links by default and automatic
>WikiWord links as an easy-to-set option.

I agree. I have most of my fields in my PmWiki farm set up without WikiWord
links. On the one that does use WikiWords I always end up having to insert
backticks to "unlink" words like VOBs - an example of an item I was writing
about yesterday. Many backticks later, I resolved to convert that field to
no WikiWords too! It is just less work and learning to [[define free
links]] is pretty simple.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/