[pmwiki-users] Dynamic Wiki Trails Recipe

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Fri Sep 2 13:02:29 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:51:07PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:29:11PM -0400, Fick, Martin wrote:
> >
> >    That does not seem to work, I get the following:
> >
> >    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare readtrail() (previously declared in
> >    local/urltrails.php:29) in scripts/trails.php on line 37
>
> PmWiki's trails code can be turned off by setting $EnableWikiTrails=0;
> in the urltrails.php script.  That's probably a bit more than what
> you're wanting to do, however.

Yeah, I eventually noticed that.  Replacing the entire
script for what is effectively one pre_rep() is not quite
what I had in mind.

> More likely I'll see about fixing the trail code in the core
> so that any ?trail= or other options can still be processed by the
> core code.

Sounds like sugar to me! :)

I suspect that there are other core interanls that don't
like such urls too, but that is the only one that seems to
stop this simple trail impementation.

-Martin