[pmwiki-users] markup questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 7 10:11:29 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:01:22PM +0200, nexyufuli evo wrote:
> hi list
> I have a problem build this markup. Does someone see whats wrong here.
> Markup("explanation", "inline",
> "/\(:explanation:\)(.*?)\(:explanationend:\)/", "<div
> class='explanation'>$1</div>");

If you're wanting this to cross multiple lines, then:

 - The '.' in a regular expression won't match newline characters
   unless the '/s' option is placed on the pattern.

 - By the time "inline" markups are being processed, the markup
   has already been split into multiple separate lines for
   processing.  You want to sequence this prior to the "split"
   operation somewhere.