[pmwiki-users] "change summary" length

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Sep 8 08:55:58 CDT 2005

At 2005-09-08  08:09 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Hagan Fox has pointed out that there's no length limit on the
>"change summary" field that is attached to each edit, and this
>can make for really long summary displays.
>
>Any thoughts from this group as to a reasonable maximum length
>for change summaries...?

I never even thought of trying to put in more text than would fit in
the box, and I doubt that anyone else would. (I cannot explain why
Hagan tried it ;-) That suggests to me that 100 characters would be
plenty as a limit. It is supposed to be a summary, after all.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668