[pmwiki-users] Problems with wikistyles and custom CSS applications

Crisses crisses at ofobscurity.com
Thu Sep 8 20:52:45 CDT 2005

On my site ( http://www.eclectictech.net/Portfolio/HomePage )
wikistyles are not working as specified in the PmWiki documentation.
I upgraded to the latest PmWiki, just to double check.

According to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyles

this example on the page works:

%define=box block bgcolor=#ddddff border="2px dotted blue"%

%box% [@
$ echo "Hello world"
Hello World
$ exit
@]

This example does NOT work:

 >>blue font-style=italic bgcolor=#ffffcc<<
Everything after the above line is styled with blue italic text,

This includes
     preformatted text
* lists
-> indented items
 >><<

And here's more of what I am trying to do...

Can I define a custom ID tag so that I can refer body text to an id
from the skin CSS?

%define=box block id="my-blurb"%

So that if I put in the PmWiki markup

%box% [@
Here is my text in my lovely text box.
@]

it will print with absolute positioning (css #my-blurb definition)
inside of a specific text box on the page.

In other words I want to be able to define a custom <div id="my-
id"> ... </div> within the body of the page.  CSS can do it.  But I
have not been able to get custom wikimarkups/css to work properly.  I
don't expect this to work, because "position", "top", "left" are not
in the list of customizable attributes (and indeed it does not work).

%define=box block position=absolute left=245px top=20px height=65px
width=445px font-size=14px color=#993328%

Crisses