[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki emacs mode

Milan Lukic milan at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 11 16:08:20 CDT 2005

I unzipped and untarred pmwiki-emacs mode package in my
.../emacs/site-lisp, and then I modified my .emacs file as suggested
in pmwiki.el, but I have not been able to make a correct guess as to
how to enter the URL to any of my pmwiki pages. That is, in emacs
scratch buffer, I enter "Esc-X pmwiki-mode", then I do "C-C C-O" and I
am prompted to enter "Name or URI", but I can't find a "winning"
combination. Whatever I try, I get either "pmwiki-page-uri is empty"
or not a valid http pattern ...

My wiki is installed on a laptop with no modem or net card. Thus, it
is stand-alone machine, running Slackware 10.0 Linux, and I access
PmWiki by "browser (can be netscape, galeon, mozilla, konqueror)
 http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

Thanks for any help.
Milan