[pmwiki-users] Converting WikiStyle shortcuts to CSS classes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 12 10:42:27 CDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 12:54:35AM -0400, Russell Bailey wrote:
> In others,  however,
> like WikiStyles,  I'd really like to be able to show what the style
> looks like,  but also be able to convert it back to wiki markup by name
> rather than by properties.

What if we just stored the wikistyle source in a comment upon output?

    %red% This is red text %% normal text

becomes

    <!--%red%--><span style='color:red'>This is red text <!--%%--></span>
    normal text

Then it'd be pretty easy to recover the wikistyle specification
that was entered at that point, while still allowing the HTML editing.