[pmwiki-users] save problem

David Sovinski aslan at aslandata.com
Thu Sep 15 08:08:12 CDT 2005

Michael

I now have 3 (pm)wiki's one being a farm running 4 fields and have
gotten quite a lesson in the internet programming along the way. I
really like pmWiki so don't give up.

Suggestion: Assuming you have pmwiki-2.0.5.tgz (I still use Beta55 and
Beta54) and have never used pmwiki before:
If you don't need to save it
1) COMPLETELY wipe the pmWiki directory from the hard drive.
2) from the directory where the tgz file is located
a) Enter "umask 002"
b) |Enter "tar zxvf pmwiki|-2.0.5.tgz"|
3)Rename the ||pmwiki|-2.0.5 directory to "pmwiki" or "wiki"
4) Change to the "pmwiki" or "wiki" directory and enter "mkdir wiki.d"
5) Enter "chmod 777 wiki.d"
6) With no other changes, accesss the
wiki."internal_http_address/pmwiki/pmwiki.php" and attempt to Editand Save
the Main.HomePage.

I think it is impossible to make it any more basic than that.

I've heard of several write problems this approach fixed.

In other words, get it working, then make changes.

Hope it helps

Dave Sovinski (Caspian)