[pmwiki-users] more than one cookbook- RotateMarkup possible?

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Mon Sep 19 14:26:12 CDT 2005

Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> you did provide us with this cookbook file.
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RotateMarkup
> It works fine. :-)
>
> - Is it possible to use more than one 'tour' of changes, like (:rotate
> 1:) .... (:rotate n:) ?
>
> - Is it possible to point to a directory, given I show alternating
> pictures, instead of a fixed list, then abjuring the use of links?
> This would provide the wiki author with more power to change the content
> (by uploads). Now we have access only through config.php
>
> But in any case I like it.

You might want to look at the Random Page recipe.
It could be augmented to provide a rotation instead
of mere randomness.

It's enabled on its recipe page... just hit
reload and watch.

(I've thought about adding pure rotation eventually.. feel free
to do so... random is easier since you don't care about state).

I have no idea if this will do anything like what you
are looking for... just a possibly alternative.