[pmwiki-users] group naming

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 07:52:59 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 01:30:04PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Hi,
> for a web-based publication project I need to create a group for each
> new week (issue) and I wish these names will list nicely in
> chronological order.
>
> If I choose names like RB 05 Week 13, RB 05 Week 14 etc
> they display as R B05 Week 13, R B05 Week 14.
> Is there a way that they display as inteneded, with  a gap between the
> initial letter(s) and the number for the year?

This is in fact PmWiki's default -- see

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/RB05Week14

where RB05Week14 is displayed as "RB 05 Week 14".
I'm guessing that a cookbook recipe or local setting is changing
the spacing to something else (the extendmarkup.php recipe notably
does this).  It's all controlled by the $AsSpacedFunction variable,
which is the name of the function to be called when adding spaces
to a wikiword.

> Can group names start with  a number?

They can if you change the $GroupPattern:

    $GroupPattern = '[[:upper:]\\d][\\w]*(?:-\\w+)*';

or even

    $GroupPattern = $NamePattern;