[pmwiki-users] Cookies, EnablePathInfo, and so on....

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 12:06:16 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 12:46:51PM -0400, Russell Bailey wrote:
> I've been trying to get RichEdit to work with $EnablePathInfo enabled.
> The main problem I keep running into is that the cookie, which I set with
>
> SetCookie('editor',$value,$AuthorCookieDir)

I think you're missing a param; it should probably be:

    setcookie('editor', $value, 0, $AuthorCookieDir)

Also, as of 2.0.6 it's convention to prefix cookies with $CookiePrefix,
thus I'd use

    $RichEditCookie = $CookiePrefix.'editor');
    setcookie('editor', $value, 0, $AuthorCookieDir)

Lastly, what happens if $AuthorCookieDir isn't set -- i.e., what
if the admin has chosen to disable author tracking?  (Not likely, but
it can happen.)