[pmwiki-users] Uploads

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 12:10:56 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 05:45:59PM +0100, Charlie Whitaker wrote:
> I have an uploads folder with 777 permissions set.
>
> I have included what I think are the correct variables in my
> ../local/config.php file (and tried several combinations following
> suggestions by pm: the undesired behaviour remains consistent
> throughout ...)

Looking at the diagnostics, in your config file you *seem* to have

    $UpLoadDir = 'uploads';
    $UpLoadPrefixFmt = '/$Group';

when they should really be (note the 'l' is lowercase):

    $UploadDir = 'uploads';
    $UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group';

Have you tried getting uploads to work without setting lots of
extra variables?  You should be able to get uploads to work with
just

    $EnableUpload = 1;
    $UploadUrlFmt = '/uploads';
    $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('something');

Let's get that part to work (or not work) before changing any other
variables associated with uploads...   :-)