[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 81

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 14:08:47 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 07:39:48PM +0100, Charlie Whitaker wrote:
> OK, I think I now have a config.php file that contains only the
> following:
>
> >    $EnableUpload = 1;
> >    $UploadUrlFmt = '/uploads';
> >    $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('something');
>
> But the behaviour remains as before.

Oh.  Re-reading your earlier message, I notice:

> - Clicking on the 'Upload' button returns either a blank page or a 500
> Server Internal Error.

Sorry for having missed this earlier, but the 'Upload' button
comes from the skin you're loading ("simple"), and that skin is
not creating the 'Upload' link correctly.  We'll have to get with
the skin author to see about fixing that, although I've been thinking
I might just rewrite it entirely to bring it up-to-date with the
latest standards.

You might try the system with the standard PmWiki skin just to
see if uploads start working then.

Also, try setting

    $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = '';

to disable passwords and see if uploading works then.

> - Even if file_name.jpg is moved to the uploads folder with ftp, it is
> not displayed.

By default PmWiki creates a separate folder in "uploads/" for each
wikigroup, so that all of the pages in a group share the same set
of attachments.  So, you'd have to actually move the file into
"uploads/Main/file_name.jpg" and not just "uploads/file_name.jpg".

But better is to figure out why uploads aren't working.