[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: sectionedit 1.4.1 released

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Wed Sep 21 00:32:42 CDT 2005

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in
news:20050920202446.GB2592 at host.pmichaud.com:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 05:41:46PM +0000, Karl Loncarek wrote:
>> Here some suggestions for the section edit capability (in fact I'm
>> using almost all of them)
>>
>> Suggested Markups (minimum):
>> ====   (for the joint of two sections, for manual sectioning)
>
> How does this compare to the "____" that was suggested/used
> in the breakpage recipe?
>
>> (:nosections:) - for disabling Sectioning
>
> Does this simply mean that the "edit section" links aren't
> rendered, or is there more to it than this?
Correct, that was my intention.

>> In sectionedit I had additional markups (:autosections:) and for 2.0
>> (:noautosections:) (=headers are seection borders). But I think it
>> would be better in the long end to use variables in the config.php to
>> set this behaviour as this should not be changeable within a wiki
>> through markup.
>
> It'll definitely be possible through variables; I haven't decided
> about markup.
Well in fact it is already possible in the sectionedit script.  Perhaps it still is
a good idea to keep the (:autosections:) ans (:noautosections:) markup.

>> We could also discuss how sectioning should happen, i.e. what are the
>> borders of a section:
>>
>> There are only a few possibilities that make sense:
>> 1 sections are only possible through additional markup (e.g ====)
>> 2 sections use Headers as borders
>>  a the borders of the section is a header no matter what level
>>  b the borders of the sections are headers of the same level
>> 3 both of the above
>>  a ==== is on border, whatever header is other border
>>  b something else
>> Maybe the way sections are created could be adjustable via variables.
>
> I definitely need to have a markup that can designate a new section
> without requiring a !! heading.  I'm also planning to allow wiki
> administrators to designate other markups that act as section
> dividers; these could be headings (!, !!, !!!), div sections, tables,
> etc.  Something like
>
>    $SectionBreakPattern = '/^____|^!{1,3}[^!]/';
>
> Comments?
Sounds good to me. It's a good idea.
Perhaps we should name such a variable differently to not interfere with the
breakpage variant. Maybe $SectionEditPattern?

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)