[pmwiki-users] Single Space breaks wrap on entire page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 21 09:22:49 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 09:32:34AM -0400, Waylan Limberg wrote:

> > If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open for them.  :-)
> >

> Personally, having just one space affect the formatting is a little
> much. Maybe a paragraph should begin with at least four spaces before
> getting the pre treatment (kind of like you need four or more dashes
> (-----) to make a horizontal line, but not less).

This is a good point, but changing PmWiki's default here will
absolutely break a lot of existing sites that depend on a single
space for preformatted text.

So, requiring multiple spaces for pre treatment would have to be
left for a local customization.

I wonder if there's something that we could do with <div> and
CSS positioning here... i.e., if we enclosed <pre> somehow
in a <div> that eliminates the width problem...?