[pmwiki-users] Action to list pages in group

Russell Bailey russell-pmwiki at saberpunk.net
Thu Sep 22 13:05:08 CDT 2005

Jeremy Sproat wrote:

> I was actually trying to showhorn TinyMCE into PmWiki,
>until I came across your RichEdit recipe.  I decided I'd better work
>with another, already existing and currently testing framework rather
>than reinvent my own.  This was yesterday.  :-)

It's nice to have someone else interested.  :) Especially someone who
regularly hacks Perl-  I've only used it occasionally over the years.

>>Also,  have you gotten RichEdit running on your wiki?  I've installed it
>>into a few configurations myself,  but,  so far,  the two people on the
>>list who have tried seem to have had trouble.
>>

>I am still trying to figure out the instructions.  I'm currently
>getting a bunch of PHP errors at the top of the page, and slowly
>tweaking config.php as a result.

What errors are you getting?

>Do I need to define $PageEditForm and $RichEdit_PerlDirectory before
>including cookbook/richedit.php and cookbook/wikistylesascss.php ?
>I'm guessing yes.

$RichEdit_PerlDirectory must be predefined.  $PageEditForm shouldn't
make a difference.

>When I set $RichEdit_PerlDirectory do I make that the local filesystem
>cgi-bin (e.g. e:\dev\apache\httpd\cgi-bin) or the web server's cgi-bin
>(e.g. http://localhost/cgi-bin)?  I'm guessing the former, and it
>needs to have a trailing slash.
>
>When you say "Use RichEdit_DoNotEditMarkup( $id, $pattern ) to prevent
>mangling of your custom markup", what exactly do you mean?  Do you
>have an example?

You just paste in the same $id and $pattern arguments you used when
defining your markup.

>I think the RichEdit page needs an example block to copy and paste
>into config.php (and then tweak of course).

Good idea.

>>>One of the problems I'm facing is I'm not sure how to pass arguments
>>>to an action.
>>>

>>The preferred way to do this is to pass an argument as a request parameter.
>>

>This is through the $_REQUEST hashtable, right?

Yep.