[pmwiki-users] General Farming Questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 28 21:15:43 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 03:44:16PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> [...]
> So, I would be interested to know your original strategy for "to be
> able to easily support multiple clients under a single wiki, where
> each client could look substantially different from the others."

Your situation sounds like one in which wikigroups would work
extremely well, but while I'm working on a detailed answer it
would help to know an answer to something else you indicated...

> I can't put *every* single project on the sidebar...so they come into
> the main wiki.. ."where is my work area" either they have to use
> search, or remember what group it was, or have book marked a page
> that I sent them in an email etc. (even this much is too much for
> some kind of users)
>
> Thus, the resort to farm-field wikis when it may not be needed
> administratively, but because its simpler for those users....

Given that it's too difficult for your users to be able to remember
separate urls for each of their small projects, how are you planning
to resolve this for farm-field wikis (and why wouldn't it work for
wikigroups as well...)?

More details coming soon!