[pmwiki-users] Case-insensitive first letter in page or group name (Was: How use lowercase in Group Names)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 08:44:10 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:51:30AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > or at least that DocumentationIndex, [[DocumentationIndex]], and
> > [[documentation index]] won't all refer to the same page and that
> > there's not a wikiword form of [[documentation index]].
>
> I assume that "DocumentationIndex" wouldn't even become a link (which is
> what I'd prefer anyway). Having '[[DocumentationIndex]]' and
> '[[documentation index]]' point to different pages would also be fine.

My point was simply that in this scenario of including spaces, someone
who *does* want WikiWords enabled on the site has to accept that
"DocumentationIndex" cannot easily be the same as both
[[DocumentationIndex]] and [[documentation index]] (since the
latter two refer to different pages).

> However, it would be inconvenient that these don't go to the same page:
>
> 	See the [[documentation pages]] for help on different topics.
> 	[[Documentation pages]] are avaiable for lots of topics.

I think these would continue to go the same page, as we would likely
be using case-insensitive urls as well...

    .../pmwiki.php/Group/documentation_pages
    .../pmwiki.php/Group/Documentation_pages

Or, the MakePageLink function could be enhanced so that it takes
something like [[documentation pages]] and figures out the correct
case to use in the url based on the target page's name.