[pmwiki-users] help needed - URL structure (take 2 :)

Constantin Basturea cbasturea at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:00:18 CDT 2005

> I'm guessing that one or more of the following has happened:
>    - Apache was upgraded (e.g., from 1.3 to 2.0)
>    - PHP was upgraded
>    - The Apache or PHP configuration has been changed
>    - PHP has been switched to run in "CGI" mode instead of as an
>      Apache handler

I asked my webhost if they made any changes in Apache/PHP
version/settings, and here's what he responded:

"PHP now runs as you, rather than as the web server. This means files
created by PHP will be owned by you. It also means that if you need to
store your MySQL (and hence your main account) password in a file in
order to connect to a database, you can store it in a file that's only
readable by you. This is an important security measure."

Best,
Constantin