[pmwiki-users] RFC: Core candidate offerings

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Sat Apr 1 00:54:06 CST 2006

On 4/1/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> It's not at all fair (to me) for people to continually claim that we
> can simply eliminate the <p class='vspace'></p> tags from PmWiki's
> output,  until and unless such claims also include an explanation
> of how we can achieve equivalent vertical spacing effects in the
> middle of lists and other constructs.  *That* is why the

I don't think I asked for that, but perhaps it was implied.

None of us are doing ourselves any service by suggesting that PmWiki must
conform to the ideals of 'proper' HTML if it means you have to spend an
inordinate amount of time reworking and breaking the good work that has
already been done.

However, in the case of the treating of *paragraphs* of text I still don't
believe it is necessary.  I feel strongly about this case.  After all,
paragraphs are the cornerstone of HTML.

But, at the end of the day, if there is some way of influencing the amount
of space even at a page level (but preferably per paragraph) then we will
have solved the problem and can move on.

Perhaps when the successor to HTML arrives we can look at this again.  :-)

--
Allister