[pmwiki-users] Bug in AuthUser?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Sat Apr 1 02:52:05 CST 2006

I don' t know if AuthUser is intended to support user names with a space in
them.

I created (using the Membership recipe form) a user "Merlin Cat" (he's 2
years old and black BTW).

On the Site.AuthUser page I specified " Merlin Cat: @Issue1, @Issue2" and
then I tried to access a page in the Issue1 group.

I logged on as "Merlin Cat" and noted that my SideBar (which shows
{$AuthId}) indicated a successful logon, but the password prompt remained
and I could not see any content.  Other users similarly defined but without
spaces worked fine.

Next I used the Rename capability provided by Membership (a brilliant
recipe!) and took the space out and now everything works as expected and our
furry little friend (sans space) can see the Issue1 group just fine.

If I need to I will just request my users don't use spaces (and that perhaps
Membership could take this into account?) but perhaps it is all supposed to
work?

--
Allister