[pmwiki-users] Blocklist2 bug (was: Re: Blocklist2 ignoring EnableWhyBlocked)

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Sat Apr 1 09:22:15 CST 2006

David
>>> "H. Fox" <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> 03/29/06 12:24 AM >>>
> At 2006-03-28  10:13 PM -0500, David Spitzley is rumored to have said:
> >In the aftermath of a recent spam attack, I've got Blocklist2
> >running on my wiki.  For some reason, though, it appears that
> >setting EnableWhyBlocked =1 is not resulting in my receiving
> >whatever explanations I'm supposed to be getting; I just get shunted
> >back to the edit screen with no explanation if I attempt to use one
> >of the verboten terms.  What should the explanations look like, and
> >where are they supposed to appear on the edit screen.  Are they skin dependent?

Change
    $EditMessageFmt .= $BlocklistMessageFmt;
    $MessagesFmt[] = $BlocklistMessageFmt;

Change
    if ($EnableWhyBlocked == "1") $EditMessageFmt .= "<pre>" .
$WhyBlockedFmt . "</pre>";
    if ($EnableWhyBlocked == "1") $MessagesFmt[] = "<pre>" .
$WhyBlockedFmt . "</pre>";

Ok, I made those changes, and while I now get a message that "This post has been blocked by the administrator", it doesn't list any of the reasons why, so I still can't figure out what to yank from the blocklist file.

You can see the problem at http://www.davidaspitzley.org/gpmiwiki/index.php?n=Main.HomePage ; I can't even resave the page without edits.  I will be quite pleased if somebody can figure out what's going on here.