[pmwiki-users] configuring uploads for a farm

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 1 17:08:22 CST 2006

On 4/1/06, Chris Lott <chris.lott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I configure a default set of permissions for uploads for all
> fields in a farm (size, type, upload password) and then overwrite
> those for individual fields that need different permissions? How?

What you set in farmconfig.php can be overridden in local/config.php.

> I guess I am most confused by the $UploadDir variable and what it
> should be as a default in the farmconfig.php file -- ideally each
> field would have its own upload directory shared by all groups just as
> (I think) PmWiki does by default with an individual installation.

By default each wikigroup in a wiki (formerly "field") has an upload
directory.  If you want all of a wiki's (not farm's) uploaded files in
one directory, use

$UploadPrefixFmt = '';

and leave the $UploadDir variable as-is because its default value is
probably what you want.

Hagan