[pmwiki-users] RFC: Core candidate offerings

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 2 11:46:27 CDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 12:02:32PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> Hmm... don't we actually already have a way to define a new paragraph
> explicitly? Isn't this what '\\\' on a line by itself does.. Patrick?
>
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/LineContinutation1

'\\\' doesn't generate paragraphs -- it generates line breaks (i.e., <br />).

A '\\\' on a line by itself won't start a new paragraph if there's
already an existing paragraph -- i.e., the following is all one
paragraph (with a blank line in the middle).

    Hello
    \\\
    World

In particular, given

    %right% Hello
    \\\
    World

Both "Hello" and "World" would be right justified, because they're
part of the same paragraph.