[pmwiki-users] Abc notation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 3 11:31:36 CDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 04:37:21PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Monday, April 3, 2006, 3:30:33 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > Probably, but I'm not sure how the markup should look or
> > how the output should be made available.  Maybe some
> > additional icons before or after the score to link
> > to the midi and PostScript versions?
>
> I would prefer text-links, buttons or image buttons (icons) underneath
> the score gif image.
> [...]
> Maybe I am asking for too many features, but music is a great love of
> mine, and a marriage of pmwiki and abc notation is really exciting!

Yes, that's an awful lot of features.  :-)

> If you would just provide a basic script I may well be happy to work
> with it to get embedded midi playback, toggled show of abc source or
> whatever...

The basic script is at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AbcMusic .
I just put the basic links in place, hopefully someone kind can fill
out the rest of the recipe page for me...?

I think it would be great to add the other features you described
into the script.  I also think this is a (rare) case where it'd
be useful to keep two separate scripts available -- one basic
script with the limited functionality and is perhaps easier to
understand, and an extended script (abcmusicplus.php) with all
of the other bells and whistles.  Both scripts can live on the
Cookbook.AbcMusic page.  :-)

Enjoy!