[pmwiki-users] suggestions for welcome page on read-protected site

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 12:07:46 CDT 2006

The site I'm working on will be read-protected via password (not using
user-authentication).  But the client would like something friendlier than
the blank-page-and-password-prompt that's the default.

I could make Main/HomePage into a (:noleft:)(:noright:) welcome page with a
"Please Log In" link, BUT then anytime an already logged-in user of the site
goes 'home', that's what they'll see.

So:

1) do I try to customize the Site.AuthForm page?
2) can I redirect from HomePage to a welcome page, conditional on lacking
read-authentication for the Main HomePage, somehow?
3) or turn that around, if there's a markup like
       (:if ! auth read sometestpage:) welcometext (:if auth read
sometestpage:) regular text ?
4) other suggestion?