[pmwiki-users] Abc notation

taavi at taavi.org taavi at taavi.org
Mon Apr 3 11:30:35 CDT 2006

And Hans wrote:
> I would prefer text-links, buttons or image buttons (icons) underneath the
> score gif image ...

If it's possible to embed midiplayer with the notation that's nice.
Although every decent web browser should have midiplayer as native
property - for example Firefox doesn't. There ain't even midiplayer as
plugin for Linux Firefox!

I've been trying many ways how to reasonable manage songs and notations in
my machine. How to share them and how to cooperate with compositions etc.
Bloated notation programs (and sequensers) are clumsy for that. And the
solution has been that there ain't much songs in my computer ... and if
there is it's a miracle if I find it. Even though I make music myself (an
ama-amateur)

Abc notation is very www friendly. It's light - pure text - it's easy to
learn and fast to write. I think abc notation suits good in pmwiki
philosophy too.

Yes it looked good, very good, excellent. I'm excited to see this.

Taavi