[pmwiki-users] Help! Performance problem after server move

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 4 13:59:30 CDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 06:07:08PM +0200, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:
> > I'm told that the application is using 110% of the processor even when
> > "it's just sitting there".
>
> We have same feedback from our provider. It seems that the wiki
> causes a huge amount of processor load. They descripted it the same
> way: it's just sitting there and apache sucks processor power without
> any particular hits being processed.

Also, for sites that are seeing these problems, it would help
me to know some basic information about the OS, webserver,
version of PHP used, and approximate number of pages on the
site.  Some have started filling out a page at

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PerformanceComparisons

and it would help me to know more statistics, especially for
sites that feel they're having performance issues.