[pmwiki-users] RSS Feed Performance Problem?

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Wed Apr 5 06:43:23 CDT 2006

We currently use a custom rss script based on the the pmwiki rss
script before its last major rewrite. Looking to adapt the actual
2.1.5 script I noticed that feeds.php causes much more processor load
compared to the old script.

It seems when HandleFeed() calls MakePageList() the latter function
doesn't make use of the max rss items parameter "count". So
MakePageLists() processes several thousand pages from the
AllRecentChangesPages for example.

Shouldn't it read something like this in MakePageList()

     if (@$opt['trail']) {
	foreach($trail as $tstop) {
	    if (count($list) == @$opt['count']) break;
	}