[pmwiki-users] Help! Performance problem after server move

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 11:32:52 CDT 2006

Many moons ago, several versions of pmwiki ago and
many server updates ago, I have no idea which version
of apache (except to say at least 2.x), and not sure
which version of PHP either, I also used to have a
problem where apache would consume all my cpu load.  I
never even considered it a performance problem since
it was so bad, everything simply stopped.  If things
were just slow, I was never able to wait long enough
to notice, I use a pentium 200.

The thing about it was that I could reliably produce
it for a while.  What always triggered it were page
edits.  I assumed that it had something to do with
locking, but I was never able to solve it, I tried
deleting the pmwiki locks, etc...  My server could
hardly be considered multi user, but it does have in
the range of 1500 pages.  For every page I would edit
I would have to reboot apache.  I could view pages
fine until that first edit.  Somehow eventually it
stopped happening, but I can't tell you why.  I just
tought that maybe the edit logic should be further
scrutinized.  Maybe something to do with PUTs?

-Martin