[pmwiki-users] need help with AuthUser password syntax in config.php

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Apr 5 16:10:27 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-05  03:47 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Ohhhh, yeah.  I'm not sure that setting $AuthId is currently
>sufficient to get the group memberships in place via authuser.php.
>I need to go back and check the code on that, and probably provide
>a better interface for setting the groups from custom $AuthIds.

Ouch! Then I think my grand plan to "collectivize" several wikis in a
farm into a single wiki is on hold. I was hoping to use group
membership based on Apache BA id to control access to individual
pages and wiki groups. I suppose I could still do it with explicit
lists of names, but that becomes a pain very quickly.

In my ideal scenario, PmWiki would be able to read and honor .htgroup files.

Perhaps an invisible kludge outside the core will do the job. Would
it be possible to have a recipe that will take the user's Apache BA
name and set the group? I could then just add a few lines in
config.php after the call to authuser ...

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668