[pmwiki-users] Help using Custom markup plus ParseArgs

Octocias octocias at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 6 03:46:03 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I've been looking at:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ParseArgs<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ParseArgs>
and   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup<http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup>

I'm having problems understanding  how to combine boths sets of help to
acheive what I want.

I'd *like* to do this:

In one WikiPage, I would have fragments of content representing an entire
"content set".. e.g. I plan to host a profile of all my friends and family.
A single person would have one WikiPage dedicated to them. That
WikiPagewould contain (for example): "surname", "summary", "full
profile",
"ThumbnailOnly", "PersonalLink", etc.

If I wanted to make a single page filled with thumbnails of people I would
like to do this:

(:PersonData person="jason hattingh" content=ThumbnailOnly:)
(:PersonData person="ayn rand" content=ThumbnailOnly:)
..etc..

If I wanted to make a single page filled with ROWS dedicated to
summaries of people I would like to do this:

(:PersonData person="JasonHattingh" content=summary:)
(:PersonData person="AynRand" content=summary:)
..etc..

The result is that the args are used to construct a link which reads
between "specified section start" and "specified section end"
I have yet to learn to use PHP, but I imagine that I would interpret
the args in this (pseudo code) way:

// construct part of the wiki link e.g. People.JasonHattingh
$Pagename = "People." + $args['person']

// construct the bookmark extraction specification:
$Section = "#" + $args['section'] + "S" + "#" + $args['section'] + "E"

// Piece it together:

$FullLink = $PageName + $section

some_incluce_command( $FullLink );

Ok, that's it.. I hope it's clear enough.. Does this seem a good way to do
it? I am quite worried that I may be barking up an inefficient tree.

--
Octocias
http://www.octocias.com