[pmwiki-users] WikiBookMark

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 9 13:25:00 CDT 2006

On 4/9/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> Question: How can I do a one-click "bookmark" that causes a link to the
> currently viewed page to be added to a target page?
>
> Is there any recipe that currently provides this functionality?  If not,
> can we think this through?
>
> The currently viewed page value would be in {$FullName} and the default
> target page value could make use of {$Author} and the Profiles group (if
> everything exists, else prompt).  The user should be allowed to specify
> a desired target page (and, optionally, an anchor) and a cookie should
> store the previously chosen value.

Here's something to start with

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AddLinkBookmarklet

Here's my slightly different version, which takes a different tack by
formatting the links as definition terms using the page title as the
link's title text.  I usually copy some text from the web page I'm
bookmarking before I click the bookmarklet, then paste the text in as
the definition.

http://qdig.sourceforge.net/wiki-skins/cmsb-addlink.php.txt

Hagan