[pmwiki-users] How do you all manage search lists?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 10 21:12:56 CDT 2006

On 4/10/06, Dave Weil <wikimasterdave at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am working on a company knowledgebase and having to name the pages what I
> would normally title a page will lead to some very long page names. From
> what I have read all that is searched are page names so I am wondering what
> others are doing about this? Anyone?

PmWiki's built-in search feature searches page text.  Did you read in
a page on pmwiki.org?  If so, please indicate which page so it can be
clarified.

> Is there no add-on that helps make the search a bit more useful like
> searching page contents or something?
>
> So far I have named pages
>
> Main.How_To_Recover_From_A_Corrupted_Installation
>
> and such, but a lot of titles are even longer than that.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some suggestions.

Here's another approach to consider:

Directives are your friends.  Name that page something shorter like
Main.RecoverCorruptedInsttallation and then use this markup in the
page:

    (:title How to Recover From A Corrupted Installation:)

You can also add keywords...

    (:keywords recovery,crash:)