[pmwiki-users] Search and Replace?

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Tue Apr 11 15:53:14 CDT 2006

>>    From: pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com [mailto:pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com] On Behalf Of Carlos >Randolph
>>  Subject: [pmwiki-users] Search and Replace?    We have site that has a lot of links to one particular email >>address that we want to change.  I didn't see anything in the Cookbook section so I figured I would ask here.  >>What would be the preferred method of updating all of the pages in a site?

>  If you have shell access on the web server, perhaps you could write a script to do it?   For future, it may be worth using the newest recipe in the cookbook, FillTemplate, for avoiding problems such as these. You would put the email address (and anything else that needs to be defined once and used in multiple places) on a page and use a template to get its value and use it wherever you need it.   Jayaram

Since you have to change these now, why don't you take a look the documentation about Internationalizations. While that was setup to facilitate language translations, you can use it to provide for any type of substitutions using a very simple format:
'phrase' => 'translated phrase',

Since these are e-mail addresses that you are so generously sprinkling around your site, you might have a look at the EProtect CookBook recipe.

Pico