[pmwiki-users] Windows Media Player question

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 07:26:15 CDT 2006

Thursday, April 13, 2006, 1:12:31 PM, Mark wrote:
> I followed as you said and I don't get the error but I am still not quite
> getting this to work.  I have a couple of questions maybe I am thinking this
> is going to do it wrong.  First I was wondering is this supposed to be a
> link?  Or is this supposed to do what I was hoping is actually have the
> video playing in the web browser?  Secondly when I write in as it says on
> the wiki page  (:wmplayer attach:pmwiki/cookbook/test.wmv width=100
> height=200:) I just get a link on the my wiki page that is to upload this
> file.  But the test.wmv is already in this folder.  If anyone has any
> suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

The  WMPlayer directive should play audio or video files. The markup
appears with the link to upload the file if it does not find the file
in the uploads/GroupName/ folder. Make sure you copied your file to
the correct group folder, not just into uploads/.
In your example attach:pmwiki/cookbook/test.wmv does not point to the
uploads directory. If your page is in group Test, perhaps called
Test.PlayerTest, then the markup should be (:wmplayer Attach:test.wmv
...:) and the file should be  (pmwiki)/uploads/Test/test.wmv

The width= and height= parameters will set the player dimensions.

Best,
 Hans