[pmwiki-users] please don't use formatted email

Jean DEMARTINI jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 14 04:56:55 CDT 2006

Greg a écrit :
> Sorry, but this isn't going to work. Many of us just use our mail
> program and hit reply to. It's not something that most of us are
> going to remember. We might for a few days, but then two weeks from
> now will forget. Good luck.
>
> There needs to be a way to put this information in the headers that
> the email program knows about. I don't know if it's possible now, but
> if it's important get it implemented. Or have the email forwarded
> strip the formatting.
>
> I had to look in several menus to make this plain text. That shows
> how often some of us use such features. I don't mean to be nasty,
> just realistic.
>
> On Apr 13, 2006, at 5:31 AM, Hans wrote:

If I am not feared of being seen as a cynical people I could say:
- if I am asking a question, I will be pleased if someone will be
responding. Then I use plain text to render its reading the most
comfortable.
- if I am replying to a question, I use the most comfortable method for
me (plain text or HTML or Volapuk or ....). I take the risk to not being
read.

Remenber an old german (?) proverb: "if I am the buyer, I speak only
german ; If I am the seller, I speak all the languages"

Using the ready available formatting only because it is easier, is
perhaps a little uncivil. Is my time more precious than the time spend
by my reader ?

Personnaly, I use plain text because I am very pleased by being read easily.