[pmwiki-users] authuser password denial

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Apr 18 19:46:55 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-18  09:46 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>If it works, I'm not exactly sure how or why it works.
>I don't think I put that behavior into authorization groups.
>
>I know that denials *do* work if specified as a password,
>thus setting a password to  "id:*,-Fred"  or  "@groupx id:-Fred"
>will authorize anyone but Fred.  But I'm not sure if it
>works in the @group syntax in Site.AuthUser -- I might have
>to look at it more closely to be sure.

Patrick

I guess I should read all my email before firing off new questions.

Experiments have confirmed that the @group syntax on Site.AuthUser
does not handle "-Fred", but setting the group password to "@Groupx
-Fred" works as advertised.   Well, come to think of it, it isn't
advertised in any of the pmwiki.org docs I could find!

Being able to do "@Groupx: *, -Fred" on  Site.AuthUser  would be very
useful for centralizing password control, but the current modus
operandi is quite workable.

I will add some of this stuff to the docs so I can find it next time
I forget it.  ;-)

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/