[pmwiki-users] New Blocklist2 script

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 20 17:52:38 CDT 2006

On 4/20/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> Hagan Fox: What behavior did you get by running the blocklist when
> action="diff"?  Since there's no $_POST['text'] on a diff (at least
> not to my knowledge) I would be curious as to why you added that.

It's only for the $EnableSimpleBlock option, which silently returns
people from banned IPs to ?action=browse.

>  I can see why we might want an "enable during diff" feature (action
> diffblock?) to check diffs for blocked terms, but it would have to
> check text that is on the server, not in the $_POST array, and I
> think that would be different behavior.  Also, many diffs are quite
> long and already give my server the willies -- running that and
> Blocklist at the same time would probably be a Very Bad Thing on some
> of my pages.  I decided not to roll that back into Blocklist2, but I
> would love to know more about it.

The reason it's there is to deny ?action=diff for visitors fom banned
IPs.  I'm not sure it's important to do that.

> Also:
>
> SDV($BlocklistMessageFmt,
>    "<h3 class='wikimessage blockmessage'>"
>    ."$[This post has been blocked by the administrator]</h3>");
> SDV($BlockIPMessageFmt, "$[Remote host matches blocked IP address: ]");
> SDV($BlockTextMessageFmt, "Content matches blocked pattern: ");
>
> Can someone clue me in to the use of the $[]'s on the lines?  Is that
> for language files?  If so, I imagine it should be on the last line
> as well?  I can add that to a 2.3.1 release.  A link to documentation
> for it will do.  Thanks!

Yes, they're translatable strings.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Internationalizations

Hagan