[pmwiki-users] Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Apr 20 19:16:48 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-20  01:16 PM -0800, Chris Lott is rumored to have said:
> > The most disastrous thing would be editing Site.Blocklist on the home
> > wiki. That will create a local copy in the home wiki's wiki.d/
> > directory and *none* of the other wikis in the farm will see any
> > future farm-wide updates.
>
>OUCH. That's no good. what I *actually* setup is: the home wiki's
>site.blocklist is a symlink to the "real" blocklist in my admin/help
>wiki, so editing the site.blocklist in the home wiki can never happen
>(it's not even accessible through the server)... instead one edits the
>blocklist for the help wiki. But that still doesn't help with the real
>problem, which is that as soon as a field has a Site.Blocklist of
>their own they lose all connection with the one in the home wiki...

Chris

I have thought of half an answer for you. Still no "unblock".  :-(

Edit-protect your current Site.Blocklist page - the one that "fakes"
living in the farm's wikilib.d/. That way, no one in the remaining
wikis can create a local copy of Site.Blocklist.

Tell your wiki admins to add their blocklist items to Main.Blocklist.
Currently the script reads both Site.Blocklist and Main.Blocklist and
concatenates them.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/