[pmwiki-users] Skin problem with wikitrail

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Sun Apr 23 16:20:46 CDT 2006

Peter Kay wrote:
> Hans wrote:
>> Saturday, April 22, 2006, 5:45:56 PM, Peter wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any pointers about where to search?  Also, this should
>>> get removed so that it can be controlled by css/skins.
>> It is defined as a wiki style in PmWiki/GroupHeader
>

> I guess I missed that; I was thinking in terms of Skins, not WikiTrail.
>   There are a couple other things like this, I think, and I'm hoping I
> won't have to track down each one, but the realization that I should
> search under the feature name helps :-)
>
> Is there a way for a Skin to update PmWiki/GroupHeader?  Being able to
> make a Skin isn't very useful if the default installation has some pages
> that don't play well with the skin... (dark background = light
> foreground, which causes problems - I can't ready white on yellow :-) )
>
> Or would my skin just have to have instructions "Go to
> PmWiki/GroupHeader and start making these changes"?

It is possible. Skins like triad create an extra wikilib.d subdirectory
in the skin directory and store page overrides there. If the page search
path (the variable for which momentarily escapes my memory) is set up
correctly, then any pages it holds will take precedence over the default
PmWiki pages.