[pmwiki-users] Need help with Clean URLS

Philip Stitt phil at octopusmusic.com
Mon Apr 24 23:08:15 CDT 2006

Hello. I'm trying to achieve clean URLs. I've renamed "pmwiki.php" to
"index.php", which is in my main web folder (so there's no "path" to
it).

This is what I've added to my .htaccess file (which is also in the main
web folder):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^$           index.php  [L]
RewriteRule ^index.php$  index.php  [L]
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) index.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

and this is what's in my local/config:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$EnablePathInfo = 1;
$ScriptUrl = "http://mysite.com";

The result: when I click links from the home page, I get clean URLs in
my browser, but to non-existant pages. If I type in the
"index.php?n=GroupName.PageName", that still works.

By the way, I don't own the server, I'm using godaddy for hosting, if
that helps. Can anyone see if I'm doing something wrong in my htaccess
or config file? Thanks!

Phil