[pmwiki-users] Need help with Clean URLS

Philip Stitt phil at octopusmusic.com
Mon Apr 24 23:58:11 CDT 2006

>> I've renamed "pmwiki.php" to
>> "index.php", which is in my main web folder (so there's no "path" to
>> it).

> As it says in the documentation, you are asking for trouble by doing
> that.  Create a wrapper script instead -- or if you are using clean
> URLs you don't need even need to do that.

I can change that. By the way, I changed pmwiki.php to "index.php" when
I first installed the wiki, months ago, and haven't had any problems at
all. I saw that there were instructions for writing a wrapper, but I
never ran across a warning about just renaming the file (I guess I
missed that), so I just left it because it seemed to work fine.

> What is the web path to pmwiki.css?
> I suspect it's not http://mysite.com/pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css .
> If not, then the last line is missing some path information.

Actually, that is the path to pmwiki.css. I'll put everything in a
sub-folder and rename the index file back to "pmwiki.php", and see if
that works...

Thanks,
Phil