[pmwiki-users] Volatile file location?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Wed Apr 26 05:18:53 CDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:
> Allister Jenks schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm writing a recipe which may create files that will be used across
> > multiple calls but which are essentially time limited.
> >
> > Where is the correct directory to write those files in the PmWiki
> > structure?  I currently have them writing to the cookbook directory
> > but instinct tells me this is wrong.
>
> Sounds like the session directory to me.

Ummm.  Not sure what you mean by that?  I don't see any directory with
that name in my installation.

Perhaps I was not clear.  When rendering some markup with a new
directive, I retrieve some information and store it in a file.
However next time I check to see if the file is there and use that
rather than retrieving again.  It's basically caching.  I have, for
now, used the pub/ directory as it seemed to me that the cookbook
directory should be static files only.

--
Allister