[pmwiki-users] Naming-convention, problems with links

Daniel Hofer daho at borntofly.ch
Fri Apr 28 02:33:09 CDT 2006

Hello again

I asked some days ago but didn't received an answer.
I try it again and hope anybody has a similar problem;-)

I have groups and pages like
  work.20060428
  work.20060429
one page for each day
then, I have other pages:
  worktime.200604281
  worktime.200604282
  worktime.200604291
multiple pages for each day

in
  work.20060428
I have a pagelist defined which lists all pages of worktime.{$Name}*
That works fine

My sole problem is:
in the groupheader of worktime there should be a link back to the work-page.
This link doesn't work because if I write
  [[work.{$Name} | +]]
it looks for a page like
  work.200604281
because the last digit is too much.

question:
is there a chance to remove this last digit (problem: could also be
two-digit) to get the right link?

or is there another good naming-convention for this problem?
one solution:
I could name the group of the worktime not "worktime" but "20060428".
But I don't like this group-names. There should be a prefix or suffix.
But then I have the same problem:
I need to remove this prefix or suffix.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks a lot!