[pmwiki-users] Really odd bug ...

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 19:23:20 CDT 2006

On 4/28/06, Seana Baruth <sbaruth at live365.com> wrote:
> I have a problem that I can't seem to beat.
>
> When I put plain text in the wiki, some words render as links to new pages,
> even though the word is not surrounded by [[]].
>
> It seems to happen most with words that are ALL CAPs, or have caps in the
> middle of them (like MP3 and MusicMatch).
>
> http://wiki.live365.com/pmwiki.php?n=Help.Glossary
>
> Any idea how to defeat this pesky problem?
>
> Seana

Heh.  Sorry.  These are called 'WikiWords', and were once the most
common way of creating links on wikis of all flavors.  They've been
turned off on PmWiki since version 2.1.0, but you're running version
2.0.10.  You might want to upgrade.

Failing that, I think you can disable 'wikiwords' by putting this in
your local/config.php file:

	// Set $LinkWikiWords to zero if you want to disable WikiWord links
		$LinkWikiWords = 0;                      # disable WikiWord links

The site looks really good, by the way,

Tegan