[pmwiki-users] IncludeUrl not working in IE / change object to iframe

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:58:26 CDT 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Clemens Gruber wrote:

>>> IncludeURL only seems to work with URLs that end in .htm or .html,
>>> which is becoming fewer and fewer sites these days.  It's kind of a
>>> bummer, especially considering how many sites, (including other
>>> pmwikis) can't be displayed.
>>
>> Hans and I have resolved this problem. It was due to a missing entry in
>>
>> 	<object ...> ... </object>
>>
>> it should now work. So go ahead and try it again with a URL that doesn't
>> end in .html (I know it works with .txt now for instance)

> It doesn't work yet! Perhaps it's because of a object tag vulnerability
> in IE (s.
> and a security fix, cause other object types are working in IE, e.g.
> http://de.selfhtml.org/html/multimedia/anzeige/object_data.htm or IE
> doesn't support object-types with text/html.

I don't know about that...

> For this reason and becaus in the IncludeUrl cookbook was hard coded
> type="text/html" - so you can't anyway use this markup for other things
> like html - I habe replaced <object> with <iframe> and now it works in
> IE too.

What if IncludeUrl would let you add an argument type="html", i.e.

 	(:includeurl http://bla/bla type=whatever :)

would that help?

Btw, an idea I had for includeurl is that you should be able to write
something like:

 	(:includeurl MyIntermap:somepath/file.html :)

where 'MyIntermap:' is define on Site.InterMap (or whatever that page is
called, I can't remember right now). This would give you a partial control
over the URIs from which a page may be included.

> http://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/includeurl_by-iframe.php
>
> Has somebody any reasons to do this not?

Ok, going back to your original question... what is actually the
difference between <iframe> and <object>?

And if you absolutely have to use an <iframe>, what about letting that
actually be controlled by an argument, i.e.

 	(:includeurl http://blab/bla html-tag=iframe :)

In addition, there should probably be a variable controlling if <iframe>
or <object> should be used by default.

cheers
/Christian