[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Marklets-0.9

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 2 19:41:23 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 04:57:28PM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> [1]: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Marklets
> Among its features is the use of java codelets (for Mozilla, not sure
> about IE) that allows you to click a bookmark to capture the current
> web page. This is similar to the other recipe, except it also grabs
> the web page's title for you.

Another thing I've found is that if one's $ScriptUrl doesn't specify the
full hostname (that is, something like "http://www.example.com/wiki")
rather than a pathname (such as "/wiki")
then the bookmarklets don't work.

(I usually do the "/wiki") route because I use virtual hosts that can
have different names)

> Categories are based on page name. For example,
> Bookmarks/Bookmarks-Technical is the Technical category.

Another gotcha is that if you add a bookmark from a category page
(such as Bookmarks-Technical) then it considers categories *relative to
that page*.  Easily worked around, but something that caught me
initially.

Kathryn Andersen
The perfect friend sees the best in you -- sees it constantly -- not just
when you occasionally are that way, but also when you waver, when you
forget yourself, act like less than you are. In time, you become more
like his vision of you -- which is the person you have always wanted to be.
		-- Nancy Friday